Saturday, June 6, 2009

And the second scene was a sex scene...

Now I don't mean to sound miserable by making this blog entry, (only the second entry on my blog spot) a complaint; but I really wanted to vent about how annoyed I am that USA network needed to reassure its viewers of their 'commitment' to providing (good) T.V. by placing a sex scene in the second scene, within the first 15 minutes of the premier episode of their brand new series Royal Pains. ...I mean! the episode was going so well, had all the right elements- good looking leading man, toned, confident, trusting career as a doctor, (they even gave us a heroic side with him saving a man's life using only gym bags and an old door.) gym bags!! Now that's a hero. Then right after that amazing stunt, comes the lady. (There is always a lady), skinny, sexy, sleek, YOUNG lady, swept off her feet by the charm and smooth moves of the newly crowned doctor-hero-guy. And before I can acquaint myself with her ass, he goes and beds her, not even dining her first; nope! Just beds her. There is our reassurance ladies and gentlemen. We need not worry about the future of this series. ;)
But rather than attracting my attention, it turns me off. Let ME search for the 'missing element.' Leave the mystery in, give me something to look forward to, let me beg for the damn sex!!
If they had even waited at least 20 mins to add their "mandatory" sex scene, then maybe I would have considered the series, but I don't think after this episode I will be doing any such thing.
My trusty USA network that I has always been faithful in providing me with those never ending repeat episodes of Law&Order; the people that always guarntee me my addictive lapsed seasons of House, the station that I can rely on to give me my yearly dosage of Home Alone every Christmas, has indeed failed with their presentation of this new series. Royal Pains was literally a royal pain.
Now I must go, I need to wash this bad taste out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
There is only one word that describes me--SUPERCALAFRAJALISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!!!!! ...whew! ;) ♥